Cold Laser Therapy Monroe
Cold laser therapy at Cold Laser Therapy Monroe is a low-intensity laser therapy that stimulates healing while using low levels of light. The technique is called "cold" laser therapy because the low levels of light aren't enough to heat your body'stissue.The level of light is low when compared to other forms of laser therapy, such as those used to destroy tumors and coagulate tissue.
How does cold laser therapy work at Monroe Wellness Care?
While this procedure, different wavelengths and outputs of low-level light are applied directly to a targeted area. Furthermore the body tissues then absorb the light. The red and near-infrared light cause a reaction and the damaged cells respond with a physiological reaction that promotes regenaration.Each treatment genenerally takes only few minutes.
What is cold laser therapy used for?
The main uses for cold laser therapy are tissue repair and relief from pain and inflammation.
· Minor injuries and sprains: Sports medicine and physical therapy practices often use cold laser therapy in the treatment of minor injuries and sprains.
· Inflammation: Dentists use cold lasers to treat inflamed tissues in the mouth and to heal ulcerations.
· Aches and pains: Pain clinics use cold laser therapy to help people with acute or chronic pain.
· Skin rejuvenation: Cold laser therapy is used to encourage skin rejuvenation. Dermatologists use it to treat various skin problems.
· Cold laser therapy is low-intensity laser therapy that stimulates healing while using low levels of light. The technique is called "cold" laser therapy because the low levels of light aren't enough to heat your body's tissue. The level of light is low
· Wound healing
· Cold laser therapy is also used to treat difficult-to-heal wounds, including wounds related to diabetes.
· Acupuncture: Acupuncturists use cold laser therapy for clients who are uncomfortable with needles.The low-level laser beam can stimulate your acupoints the same way needles do, but without piercing your skin.